Bullpup Scientific has developed the M/29 Bullpup catheter - a novel IV cannula with a remarkable dwell time of up to 29 days, which far exceeds the average length of hospital stay. Yet it is as easy to use and as cost-effective as a standard IV cannula.
The M/29 Bullpup is a 8.5-10cm PU over-the-needle catheter. It is inserted like a standard IV cannula but its special design allows insertion without touching the catheter itself.
The M29 Bullpup™ is the first and only catheter system specifically designed to allow an extended dwell catheter to be inserted by any trained IV inserter.
Quick and simple insertion reduces handling time and the associated risks of complications and increased costs.
M/29 Bullpup™ Specifications
- Category: Safety IV catheter
- Clinical indication: IV access > 48 hours
- Dwell time: Up to 29 days
- Insertion time: >1 minute
- Gauge: 22-18ga
- Pressure: Rated up to 325 PSI
- Ultrasound compatible
- Deep vein access
- Notched needle for quick blood view
M/29 Bullpup™ Key Advantages
The M/29 Bullpup™ provides the perfect solution:
- Lowest IV access cost in the market
- Up to 29 days dwell time
- Standard insertion procedure
- Minimal training
- Reduces catheter restarts and associated needle sticks
- High patient satisfaction